I’ve spent the last 16 years reading and studying everything I could get my hands on about weight loss and dieting!! I’ve tried hundreds of pills, shakes, fancy name diets…to lose maybe ten pounds and then gain back fifteen. I’ve even been to specialty doctors, or as I like to call them, FAT DOCTORS.
But I found something that’s works! Its totally free, nothing to buy, drink, choke down or have acupuncture needles stuck into my tender flesh! I know, I sound like an infomercial, don’t I?!
A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the couch watching a movie, and it hit me! But you gotta picture it, it was around 1 o’clock in the afternoon, the house was clean, dinner was cooking in the crock pot, the kids at school. And I, 35 years old, had nothing better to do with my afternoon than spend it on the couch watching the Titanic for the hundredth time, eating a can beef stew!
I lead a stagnant life! Sweeping and mopping were my biggest way of burning a few calories.
Now, Titanic is a looong movie, I got to thinking, how many calories could I burn if I walked or jogged in place while I watched the movie! I put the rest of my stew in the refrigerator, and started walking in place.
At first I felt stupid, so I closed the curtains in case someone came over! About ten minutes into it, I started jogging in place. It didn’t take long to get a little winded. So I slowed back into a walking pace again, but I could feel my heart rate was up! And I knew that meant burning calories!
Now, I’m 35, I’m 5’ 3” and I weigh about 183, but a couple of weeks ago, 189! I’m WAY out of shape!
Anyway, I kept walking, then I’d break into a jog few a couple of minutes, then I’d go back to walking. Before I knew it, the movie was over, I’d been at for an hour and fifteen minutes! I had broke a sweat, my heart was beating a little fast and strong but I wasn’t exhausted.
I was even a little energized. So much so, I went into the kitchen and cleaned and organized my pantry!
The next day I did the same thing, but I watched First Wives Club. And on the third day, I added some crunches at the end of my little walk! And after dinner, I went for a walk!
Over the couple of weeks I’ve been doing this, I’ve been adding things slowly. First the crunches and the evening walks, I dusted off my husbands weight bench last week and have used it 3 times already!
And I have been a lot of water!, I haven’t gave up my sweet tea or orange juice but I’m not drinking them as much. And I still can’t get over the energy I have!
Anyway, my point is, I’ve lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks and it didn’t cost me anything! I’ve done it slowly so I hope all this stays a habit and new lifestyle for me!
I hope anyone who reads got something from it, and I’d love to hear everyone! Maybe you have a suggestion for me!
Tracey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment